Finally, after much awaiting, the first release of Radial-G is coming to Steam later today.
With three tracks, three ships, 16-player multiplayer support, AI opponents and new gameplay features, this is a packed release with plenty to enjoy. You’ll be able to buy it on Steam Early Access from 17:00 GMT (12:00 EST / 11:00 CST / 09:00 PST Thursday Dec 11th) (04:00 AEDT Friday Dec 12th), priced £9.99 ($12.99 / €12.99 / A$14.99). Buying the game today will grant you access to the initial release, plus all future updates; but for now, here’s what you can expect in the initial release:
- x1 New Environment
- x3 New tracks to race on
- x3 New ships to race in
- 16-Player online multi-player
- New gameplay modes, including: Normal races, no slowdown gates for maximum speed, Eliminator and Death Race
- New gameplay features, including: track jumps, splits and tunnel inverts. Shields and the ability to manually boost (at the cost of some shield).
- AI opponents – race against up to 15 opposition
- New music tracks from some fantastic indie game music composers
You can also see some top tips about making the most of the game from this video published today by the development team at Tammeka Games:
We recently went hands-on with the game and had a blast racing along the new tracks while avoiding splits in the track and getting blasted into the air by the numerous jump pads included in the game. We’ll also have a multiplayer hands-on published soon (with action-packed video!) For now, be assured that Radial-G is an incredible racer on the Oculus Rift, and it’s brought to life in virtual reality with full head and positional-tracking, stereoscopic rendering, 3D in-game menus and much more. If you buy the game later today make sure to let us know what you think about it by leaving a comment below.